- Established Lactation counselling in Mumbai through Private & Municipal Maternity Homes (Institutional & Peripheral) & Home visits.
- Establishment of Innovative Training Methodologies & Programmes (1/2 – 3 Days Duration). Modules designed for the same.
- Established 1st successful & ongoing Mother Support Group of INDIA in 1995.
- Rejuvenated Breast crawl concept with the website, (www.breastcrawl.org) Video & Dossier.
- Brought IBCLC exam for the first time in India in 2009. 27 faculty members passed the exam in 2009 & 2010 to become IBCLCs (International Board Certified Lactation Consultants).
- The Institutionalisation of IBLCE Exam training at L.T.M.G (Sion) Hospital-Mumbai (2017 & 2018) & Wadia Children Hospital-Mumbai ( 2019). 26 of the first batch passed the exam.
- Training of 500 ‘Traditional Massage Women’ in IYCN in 1999 – 2001 in Mumbai.
- Concept of Hirkani Room (2007): Government of Maharashtra accepted the concept & more than 1000 Hirkani rooms established all over Maharashtra.
- Concept of ‘Four-Dimensional Immunisation Clinic with a focus on Complementary feeding’ in 2016.
- ‘Shishuposhan App’ in collaboration with TCS & KEM Hospital, Mumbai
- Distinguished Positions in International Organisations: Dr.Prashant Gangal appointed as
- Co-coordinator of Mother Support Task Force & Mother Support Working Group (2003 – 2018).
- Chairperson of Global Collaboration committee of ILCA (2018).
- Faculty at Gold Lactation Online Conference: Dr.Prashant Gangal, Dr Kartikey Bhagat, Dr Sanjay Prabhu, Dr Satish Tiwari & Dr Sushma Malik.
Awards to BPNI Maharashtra’s Faculty:
Lifetime Achievement Award from MBPC (Mumbai Breastfeeding Promotion Committee:
WABA Secretariat Award 2010 :
BPNI Maharashtra gives Dr.N.B.Kumta Award every year for exceptional work in IYCN.
List of Awardees
Dr. Prashant Gangal
Dr. Baburao Palav
Dr. Vasant Khatav
Ms. Rajlakshmi Nair
Mr. Pandurang Sudame
Dr. Sanjay Prabhu
Dr. Daxa Pandit
Mr. Chandrasen Turkar
Dr. Yogesh Sale
Ms. Archana Rana
Dr. Gopal Pandge
Dr. Saurav Bhattacharjee
Dr. Satish Tiwari
Ms. Dipti Shah
Ms. Sneha Deo
Dr. Alka Kuthe
Ms. Ila Mahidhar
Dr. Sarita Bhagwat
Ms. Jaymala Pawar
Dr. Jayant Shah
Dr. Shama Kulkarni
Dr. Mangala Wani
Ms. Sangita Vakharia